Friday, January 7, 2011

I Came Back :)

My goodness. Where has the time gone. It seems like it was only a few days ago that I wrote on my blog.

I have been rather busy over the past few months - scrapbooking, looking after a sick bird, caring for our menagerie and my daughter's as well, while they were away in Alexandra. They are all back now, thank goodness. I felt I was about to have a nervous breakdown through trying to feed the Indian Ringneck, Chloe aka Jaws, who absolutely HATES me. The vet told us she attacks me because she thinks my son, Jeremy, is her mate and that I'm a threat to her relationship with him. Yay for Jeremy and yay for me (not).

I'm not managing the hot, humid weather here in Auckland at the moment. 26 - 27 deg C and 100 percent humidity isn't a good cocktail for sleeping at night and working- all I want to do is blob and sleep during the day. Hopefully with some normality getting back in the household next week with everyone back at work, that will get all sorted out - that's what I"m telling myself anyway.

My wee baby Jai - again not being so cutie cutie - kept catching birds and lizards and things and insisting on bringing them inside to show me how clever he was. I don't know why he kept doing this as every time I saw him with something - no matter how big or small - I would S C R E A M - which would send him off in a panic - usually with the thing in his mouth. My friend, Carol, was here the other night and we were quietly chatting away, when Jai bought a lizard inside and was about to take it up to my bedroom. I saw that he had something in his mouth and on cue, I let out a rather deafening scream. (Poor Carol, I don't think she'll ever recover from the ringing in her ears and the hearing loss she suffered.) I decided I couldn't cope with him being so cruel to birds etc so I bought him a collar with not one but two bells on it. Well, what a sight. He was literally running around the outside of the house and up and down the next door neighbours section trying to run away from the noise. I'm pleased to say he wasn't successful. A whole day and a half went by and there was no sign of 'gifts' for me from Jai. I thought this was fantastic and that the bell collar was working. Unfortunately, this didn't last long - yesterday I heard a minor bird screeching so I went outside. I couldn't see any sign of Jai so thought all was good. The bird kept making the terrible noise so I went and investigated a little more - only to find Jai had caught another bird - bells and all - and was trying to hide from the minor bird who was dive bombing him. I'm at a total loss as to what to do with this not so cutie cutie kittie. I still think he's adorable and he's still my Mr Flop - but I don't want to see him catch any more birds.

As a number of you will know, I really enjoy participating in ATC swaps. I joined an English ATC group a while ago, sending my ATC's and money to the organiser  so she could return swapped ATC's in return. Unfortunately I didn't receive anything back so I was left feeling rather frustrated and disappointed. I am really happy and excited to say that I have met a lady, Yvonne, on-line from Canada, who is really keen to do a two for two swap with me. This has put me back in a positive mode for international ATC swaps again. I'm really looking forward to swapping with Yvonne and hopefully we'll be able to continue swapping for a long time to come.

Well my dear friends, I'm going off now to cook some dinner and then do some scrapbooking. I've got to get myself organised and upload the pages I've completed for the Southern Girls Challenge and other challenge sites I've recently joined.

Once I've done this, I will upload them to my blog so you can see that I haven't just been sitting on my toosh over the past couple of months :)

Hope you guys all have a great 2011 and that the year brings you health, wealth and good fortune.


1 comment:

  1. Fabo,look forward to seeing some of your lovely work up on your blog.And i wont to see those ATCs as well.My ears have stoped rining now lol

    ReplyDelete